Roof garden for Fédération Française de la Tannerie Mégisserie
A terrace and a garden: Jardins de Babylone, superior know-how!
Jardins de Babylone created this roof garden on the premises of the French Federation of Tanners in the 8th district of Paris. This very first leather library was designed and created by Patrick Nadeau, a designer and architect, who prefers natural materials. The terraces are located on the 6th and 7th floor and offers incredible views of the capital. The development had a several features:
- A heat-treated ash wood terrace.
- Striated and plain terracotta pots of varying widths.
- A built-in irrigation system in each pot.
The aim was to implement a free plant structure which did not invade the terrace with its height. In fact, Jardins de Babylone had to ensure that the plants were no higher than the guardrail to let people admire the views and the roofs of Paris. In terms of vegetation, you can all kinds of plant species:
- Sanguisorba menziesii (burnet) with small, purple bottle brushes and a very long flowering period (from March up to the first frosts).
- Angelica gigas (Korean angelica) which develops large umbels of small flowers and has enormous purple flowers.
- Sage and bee blossom bringing lightness to the space, or even grasses such as Pennisetum (fountain grass).
- The entire wall on the building side is adorned with fragrant white jasmines. They’re also accompanied by a modern red Laorus fountain.
- Two structuring trees: clump birch trees.
The soothing power of plants on humans.
Jardins de Babylone imagined a place where well-being and peace would reign. This little corner of paradise is very soothing and relaxing, and has a breathtaking view of Paris. As soon you experience this haven of peace you’ll no longer feel like you’re in the capital at all but out in the wild, even if it’s just for a moment. Impressive, isn’t it? Jardins de Babylone has the ability to transport you away from this urban jungle so you can breathe. Leave the inspiration to Jardins de Babylone; Amaury Gallon’s team will fully meet your requirements by creating for you a true cocoon of external well-being. Whatever the atmosphere, the warmth of each material used will be in harmony with the selected plants: in terms of their colour, fragrance or the benefits they bring.